Information Assurance Security Manager
Requisition ID: 42461
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
We are looking for an Information Assurance Security Manager to provide expertise in a diverse computer environment. Manages activities within the Special Programs Security Department in El Segundo, CA related to Information Assurance and the safeguarding and processing of classified, unclassified, and personally identifiable information (PII) on classified information systems within Special Programs
- Works closely with the Enterprise Information Services' (EIS) Information Security Department (ISD) to establish and administer appropriate security systems, policies, standards, and procedures in compliance with applicable government and corporate directives, guidelines, and contractual obligations
- Serve as the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
- Manages Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) staff to review, develop, and implement security plans for existing and new computer assets to achieve certification and accreditation
- Coordinates information security inspections, tests, and reviews of corporate systems
- Oversees customer inspections and reviews in El Segundo and other operating locations as necessary
- Updates and maintains procedures for operation of secure IT assets
- Conducts evaluations and analysis of software intended for usage on secure IT assets
- Conducts auditing of secure IT assets
- Conducts investigations of actual or suspected security violations, coordinates forensics as required, oversees response to data spill remediation steps, and reports results of such incidents and investigations to appropriate customer security representatives
- Communicates regularly with customers to obtain status of requests and facilitate completion of requests
- Ensures security policies, standards, and procedures are enforced
- Performs classification management, classified document control, and classified media control
- Conducts clearing, purging, declassifying, and releasing system memory, media, and output
- Establishes and conducts effective security awareness and education programs for corporate employees
- Interacts with all levels of management, technical staff and government representatives to ensure Information Security requirements are properly implemented and followed
- Performs various managerial duties such as planning, organizing, directing, staffing, budgeting, mentoring, training, and policy making.
- Eight (8) or more years of progressively more responsible experience in Information Systems Security or a related field w/ HS Diploma.
- Experience leading or managing teams.
- Previous experience with certification and accreditation of classified systems
- Expert knowledge of Intelligence Community (ICD) 503 processes and procedures
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or other DoD 8570 IAM III compliant baseline certification, or the ability to obtain certification within nine months of hire date
- Current TS/SSBI w/ CI Poly
- Bachelor's Degree plus eight (8) or more years of progressively more responsible experience in Information Systems Security or a related field
- Previous ISSO/ISSM experience
- Significant management/leadership experience
- Experience with NIST 800-53 and Risk Management Framework (RMF) based accreditations preferred
- Strong understanding of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG) and Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503 requirements
- In-depth knowledge of computer operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac O/S, etc.)
- Proven communication skills, both orally and written
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of internal and external contacts
- Experience working with the Intelligence Community
- Proven leadership abilities, independent initiative, sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding communications skills, both written and oral, are necessary;
- Must work well in team environment;
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : SECURITY MANAGER
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Information Technology, IT Manager, Corporate Security, Security Clearance, Technology, Security, Government
Back to top