Immersive Technologies Developer
Requisition ID: 38606
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Visualization and Immersive Technologies Department (VITD) develops a wide variety of innovative tools and applications to support civil, commercial, and national security space systems. From virtual reality and augmented reality, to web, cloud, and desktop visualization, VITD evaluates and creates unique visual experiences that present data and analysis to key decision makers.
- Support industry leading engineers and scientists in the development of immersive technology applications to visualize complex engineering problems
- Work with a team to build game engine simulations that include: game engine asset layout, realistic lighting effects, animation scripts, haptic design and user satisfaction consideration
- Collaborate with developers to produce data visualization software, that incorporates touch and gesture components, while displaying complex data sets
- Participate in multiple technology exploratory and research efforts to evaluate the immersive technologies on the market today in relation to the needs of the company
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or related B.A. in game design, game asset creation, and/or related discipline
- Eight or more years of applicable experience with increasing responsibility
- Must have experience leading small teams and interfacing with customers
- Experience programming in C++
- Experience with integrating game assets and scripting inside Unreal Engine and/or Unity
- Experience in developing Augmented Reality and/or Virtual Reality applications
- Ability to quickly learn new game engine frameworks and/or 3D modeling packages
- Ability to work both independently, and cooperatively within a team
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Experience deploying to mobile platforms
- Experience designing haptics into the immersive environment
- Published one or two games onto the Apple Store or the Google Play Store or equivalent
- Experience with agile game development methodologies
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Computer Science, Aerospace, Laboratory, Technology, Engineering, Aviation, Science
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top