Human Exploration and Space Flight Program Integration Project Engineer
- Huntsville, AL
Requisition ID: 55721
All Locations: Huntsville, AL (Alabama)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The nation has embarked on an ambitious goal of returning humans to the Moon and preparing for a journey to Mars in the years ahead. Human Exploration and Space Flight Division within the Civil Systems Group of The Aerospace Corporation brings technical and programmatic expertise and valued capabilities to NASA. Aerospace has supported all of NASA's human space flight programs over the last 60 years as a reliable and independent source of expertise across a range of space engineering disciplines.
- Provide assistance to NASA MSFC Program Offices in developing and maintaining project, contract, and contract change documentation for prime contracts.
Support the development and tracking of Technical Directives, Technical Orders, and Task orders from MSFC to prime contractors.
- Support the development of contract modifications including the maintenance of attachments and provide the documentation to the Program Office for implementation. Prepare and present associated presentation packages for the Program Control Board.
- Interface with Program Office, Program Planning & Control office, and Program Technical Leads to facilitate technical evaluation meetings and ensure consistent technical evaluation processes (content, format, cost and technical review criteria, etc).
- Facilitate prime contract task change proposal technical evaluations and draft final report language including addressing hours and cost differences between the government estimate and resulting technical evaluation.
- Support the development of contractor status reports and presentations to the MSFC Program Office.
- Draft and facilitate the review of contractor Special Instruction Sheet and letters. Shepherd process for final signature and distribution of final approved copies within the Program Office.
- Research historical contract documents and decisions and provide recommendations and strategies to the customer.
- Coordinate with the Program Office, Procurement Office, and Program Technical Leads to ascertain and resolve contract issues.
- Actively engage in weekly Program Procurement and Contract Exchange meetings. Document and track actions.
- Coordinate with the Program Configuration and Data management team as needed for contract related documentation and products.
- Maintain the Contract Data Book and Library of all records of contract correspondence to include emails, memorandums, attachments, and technical evaluations.
- Coordinate Contractor Performance Assessment Report System (CPARS) inputs to include gathering inputs, integration, and drafting reports and presentations.Support resolution of DRD comments as needed including facilitating meetings, taking notes, capturing actions, and developing associated presentations.
- Support the development of Program Contract Options solicitations including Contract documentation development and maintenance such as Draft contract letters, change packages, Contract Data Book and Library updates, documentation of issues, action items tracking, and reporting status.
- Bachelor's or higher in a Technical Degree (engineering, science, etc) with experience in project engineering / contract management, or Bachelor's or higher in Acquisition/Contract Management with application/experience in technical projects.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and organizational employees, including NASA senior personnel and other civil servant and contractor workforce.
- Ability to use Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Adobe to PDF files, and SharePoint to store and access data.
- Domain knowledge of requirements, verification, and validation.
- Experience with complex systems development and integration.
- Experience with contractor statements of work and requirement decomposition.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJ ENGINEER
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Huntsville
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Developer, Aerospace Engineering, Laboratory, Engineering, Technology, Science
Back to top