High-Speed Electronics Engineer MTS (MS Degree)
Requisition ID: 46912
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Analog, microwave, and digital engineering collide on the high-speed electronics information super-highway in space. We collaborate with companies to assist in the development of their state-of-the-art technologies. We then apply these technologies, our knowledge, and our laboratory facilities to solve hard problems in RF and optical communication systems and high-speed data links for national security space applications. Modeling, simulation, and hardware prototype and testbed realizations take place in our labs. Our academic-like collegial atmosphere encourages collaboration with and two-way learning between our engineers and you.
- Apply high-speed engineering principles and analyses to optical, mixed-signal, and high-speed electronics circuits from board design to system integration
- Analyze analog, digital, and mixed-signal design with optoelectronics, A/D, D/A, FPGA, and ASIC to provide performance assessment and corrective recommendation
- Design board-level mixed-signal and high-speed electronics from schematic to layout for internal research and technology insertion risk evaluation
- Design and construct measurement setup using standard lab instruments to perform experiments
- Provide technical assessment in hardware anomaly and assistance in reaching the best resolution
- Document work products in briefings/reports to assess technical issues and remedial solutions for peer review and program customers
- Interface with Aerospace internal/external customers and external contractors for technical exchanges
- Work on a diverse set of hands-on projects in a dynamic and multi-tasking environment with rapid varying requirements and tasks
- Travel to contractor and customer sites as needed to provide technical support
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university with 0 - 1 years of experience
- Demonstrated ability with several of the "Preferred" experience skill sets
- Demonstrated leadership and team contributor experience
- Demonstrated skills to work in a rapid varying requirements environment and complete open-ended tasks
- Completion of assigned tasking with minimal supervision
- Operational knowledge of discrete electronics, A/D, D/A, FPGA, and ASIC
- Understanding of challenges and limitations for high-speed and mixed-signal electronics
- Experience with CAE tools for schematic capture, physical layout, and circuit simulation
- Experience with board development from requirements, design, analysis, construction, to lab testing
- Experience with direct digital synthesizer
- Experience with signal integrity and power integrity
- Experience with jitter analysis on oscilloscopeExperience with HyperLynx, ADS or Microwave Office
- Experience with Simulink, VHDL design, simulation, and verification
- Experience with microwave circuit design principles
- Experience using network and spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and arbitrary waveform generators
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Construction, R&D Engineer, Electrical, Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Engineering
Back to top