High Power Microwave System Engineer
Requisition ID: 45080
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation's Digital Electronics and Electromagnetics Department performs RF and antenna related design, analysis and prototyping. We are looking to expand our expertise in the area of high power RF/microwave; specifically signal creation techniques and the associated hardware and high power RF components performance and failure mechanisms. We work closely with customers to understand their challenges and needs and support them through modeling and simulation, hardware testing and overall system analysis. There will also be opportunities for work in other areas of RF and antennas along with department level projects.
- Position requires strong background in high power RF/microwave as it relates to signal creation and component performance and failures.
- Perform tasks that include device and system modeling and system architecting.
- Duties include providing oversight, guidance and technical advice on customer projects involving RF and high power systems.
- Modeling and simulation work will include a combination of unique design work and simulation to verify contractor designs and approaches.
- Tasks may include supporting laboratory work in the areas of RF and antennas. Work may include implementing RF and antenna prototypes to verify simulated performance or in support of prototype development and field test work.
- Support broader department level work that may involve digital processing related work and overall system performance.
- Work with other engineers as a team member in solving problems. Interfacing with program office and government personnel required.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics or a related technical discipline from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 8 years of experience (post bachelor degree)
- Experience with basic concepts of RF systems and specifically high power RF/microwave generation and components
- Experience performing analysis in support of RF components and system design
- Experience using commercial software tools for RF analysis
- Experience working in a laboratory environment, working with RF hardware and familiar with RF testing equipment such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators and power meters is desired
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issues by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Advanced degree
- Proficiency with a variety of popular analysis tools such as Matlab, ADS, Microwave Office, and HFSS
- Interest in working with experts in the fields of antenna design, RF systems, SIGINT processing and hardware prototyping
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Electrical, Systems Engineer, Security Clearance, Engineering, Government
Back to top