High Performance Software Developer
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 47207
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Performance Modeling and Analysis Department (PMAD) focuses on the modeling, analysis, and optimization of orbits, satellite access, and system performance at all levels for space architectures. We develop sensor models and system visualizations; perform system and architecture performance assessments; and perform orbital coverage, geolocation, and communications analyses. We develop and maintain special-purpose software to support our analyses. PMAD software developers apply object-oriented and parallel processing techniques to our software to leverage the corporation's high-performance computing resources.
- Develops high-performance technical computing applications in the areas of space system modeling, architecture performance assessment, and mission planning and scheduling
- Designs new software tools, and re-factors existing tools, to take advantage of object-oriented structures and software architecting best practices
- Develops and implements algorithms which exploit high performance compute clusters
- Works with department analysts to develop new algorithms and processes to extend tool capabilities
- Works both independently and on small teams; interacts with program office and government customers
- Contributes to technical reports, user documentation, regular status reports, and other presentations to disseminate findings, guidance, and technical information to as wide an audience as possible
- Advanced Degree (MS or Ph.D.) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or another appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- 0-1 year of industry experience
- Aptitude and demonstrated skills in object-oriented design, C++, and C
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dependability and good interpersonal skills
- Must be highly motivated. Must be able to work well collaboratively or independently, as each task requires. Must be able to adapt to a customer's evolving needs
- This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience or coursework with numerical analysis and with the mathematics and algorithms associated with high-performance technical computing
- Experience or coursework developing and managing software architectures and designs
- Familiarity/coursework with orbital mechanics, dynamics, and mathematics related to space system analysis
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Computer Science, Laboratory, Technology, Engineering, Government, Science
Back to top