Ground Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 39522
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Space Superiority Division (SSD) supports our USAF customer, SMC/SY, in the development, delivery, operations and sustainment of unrivaled space control capabilities to guarantee space superiority for our nation. These programs include the Geosynchronous Space Situational Awareness Program (GSSAP), the Space Based Space Surveillance Program (SBSS), the Counter Communications System (CCS), and the JSpOC Mission System (JMS). While executing this important and exciting mission area, SSD seeks your expertise and is committed to being a diverse and inclusive organization that offers opportunity for professional development and personal growth for all of our staff members. The primary position responsibilities are Aerospace systems engineering program office oversight and insight for an Air Force customer advanced projects acquisition program.
The selected candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for systems engineering to the Advanced Projects team within the Space Superiority Division.
- Provide system engineering support (acquisition and requirements) for ground based systems. This includes technical oversite and insight of multiple prime contractors; working co-located with the AF customer and their SETAs; working with AF Space Command A2/3/6 and A/5 and the Intelligence Community (IC).
- Assess whether contractors' products: are developed in accordance with statement of work (SOW); meet requirements; and satisfy mission assurance criteria.
- Build subject matter expert teams from the Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) and manage their systems engineering support and technical products.
- Ensure that program office and ETG staff are effectively teamed to work closely with AF customer, contractors, SETA personnel, other FFRDCs, and UARCs. Strong emphasis will be placed on delivering high quality technical products in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate and present technical results and recommendations both orally and in writing.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, or science
- 8 or more years of relevant scientific or engineering experience that includes systems engineering experience
- Current Top Secret/SCI clearance required to interview
- Ability to obtain additional security clearances
- Experience presenting technical information and writing technical documents
- Experience building and maintaining effective interpersonal relations with internal and external organizations such as customer, Aerospace, contractors, or related
- Travel required
- An advanced degree in engineering, mathematics, or science desired
- Demonstrated Aerospace Mission Assurance experience
- Ability to quickly identify and assess risk areas
- Experience with systems requirements synthesis, traceability, and review
- Experience with open systems architecture and design derivations and review
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering
- Demonstrated organizational and project leadership skills with the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams
- Experience working closely with Engineering & Technology Group (ETG), program office peers, customers, and contractor personnel to quickly resolve issues
- Relevant experience with ground systems
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJ ENGINEER
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Systems Engineer, Aerospace, Laboratory, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Aviation, Science
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top