GNSS Senior Project Lead
Requisition ID: 40996
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation's Digital Communications Implementation Department uses software define radio and FPGA technology to design digital radio transceivers. We conduct our own research and development and in this position, you can have the opportunity to innovate and lead our GNSS (Global Navigation Satelite System) receiver prototyping team. Join us on the leading edge of digital communications development. We are looking for a candidate that is extremely hands-on with the ability to lead small groups of engineers. Additionally, you should be eager to explore modern techniques and unconventional methods for algorithm design and problem-solving.
• The project lead will be the primary interface from the engineering team to the program office and customers.
• Responsibilities will include proposal-writing, budget planning, and execution tracking.
• Design, simulation, and prototyping of digital communication systems, GNSS receivers and/or alternative navigation techniques.
• Analysis and simulation of GNSS receiver architectures using MATLAB, Python, or similar simulation environments.
• Research pertaining to advanced signal processing, GPS technology and/or re-configurable communication processing.
• Document work products in briefings and/or technical reports to customers and colleagues.
• Candidate will work on a diverse set of projects. It is very important to be hands-on, willing to learn and be comfortable in working in an environment with engineers of diverse backgrounds and expertise.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science or another related field.
- 10 or more years of experience in the areas of digital signal processing, GNSS/GPS positioning and navigation, alternative navigation techniques.
- Proficiency with two or more of the following: MATLAB, C/C++, Python, VHDL.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in prototyping and developing GPS/GNSS receivers.
- Current and active Secret level clearance issued by the US Government (US Citizenship Required).
- Project leadership experience.
- System architecture experience.
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile development and project management.
- Current and active Top Secret/SCI Clearance with Special Access Programs.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT LEADER SR
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Electrical, Engineer, Computer Science, Aerospace, Laboratory, Engineering, Technology, Aviation, Science
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top