GEOINT Remote Sensing Engineer
Requisition ID: 43241
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Summary Of Responsibilities
The mission of the Technology Development Department (TDD) within the Advanced Technology Division is to discover, study, develop, and demonstrate the next generation of space technologies critical to National Security. TDD brings the full suite of Aerospace's strategic, technical, and laboratory capabilities to directly support the National Security Space (NSS) customer.
TDD seeks a GEOINT Remote Sensing Engineer/Senior GEOINT Remote Sensing Engineer to support a broad portfolio of research programs in Electro-Optical (EO) GEOINT technologies, including focal plane arrays (FPA), detector material, and read-out integrated circuits (ROIC), mirror materials, and optical fabrication techniques. The GEOINT Remote Sensing Engineer/Senior GEOINT Remote Sensing Engineer will work directly with the government NSS customer as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment. The engineer will apply their own expertise, as well as manage Aerospace laboratory and engineering technical resources to assist in the development of advanced space technologies.
- Direct technical, strategic, and programmatic support to TDD government program office customers in the development of advanced EO technologies.
- Project planning, tasking, and technical management of Aerospace matrixed resources from the Engineering Technology Group (ETG) and Technology Laboratory Operation (TLO) resources in support of the Advanced GEOINT portfolio projects.
- Provide independent modeling, simulation, and technical assessments of new and revolutionary space technologies.
- Tracking and reporting accomplishments to Aerospace and customer management
- Support close and frequent interaction with government customer, SETA, and contractor personnel.
This position is based in Chantilly, VA. Relocation is available. Some travel to other Aerospace and contractor facilities through CONUS will be required.
For the GEOINT Remote Sensing Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering or related technical discipline from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 8 years of experience
- Strong background in space-based EO sensor technologies.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic Program Office environment with a mix of government, FFRDC, and SETA personnel
- Ability to travel
- Current and active TS/SSBI
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
In addition to the above, the Sr. GEOINT Remote Sensing Engineer will require:
- A minimum of 12 years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly dynamic Program Office environment with a mix of government, FFRDC, and SETA personnel
- Demonstrated experience with NSS programs.
- Advanced degree in science, engineering or related technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Experience supporting advanced space technology research and development.
- Experience with modeling and simulation of GEOINT sensors to support requirements development.
- Experience with NSS programs.
- Previous experience with passive and/or active imaging technologies
- Working knowledge of Aerospace matrix technical organizations (ETG and TLO) capabilities and personnel
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJ ENGINEER
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Laboratory, Engineering, Government, Aviation, Science
Back to top