Gateway ECLSS GFE Project Manager
- Houston, TX
Requisition ID: 49501
All Locations: Houston, TX (Texas)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Serve as the Gateway Environmental Control and Life Support System (ECLSS) project manager to provide project formulation for the Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) products needed by the Gateway Program, responsible for providing water, air, and/or emergency response flight hardware certification project plans, tailoring the flight certification processes to support the balance of cost and risk.
- Provide technical expertise in life support systems engineering, including requirements development, technical resource management, engineering data management, interface definition, engineering planning, and design integration.
- Perform trade studies on options to provide the program and requirement traces to ensure hardware meets expectations.
- Identify vehicle interfaces to support seamless integration into vehicle systems.
This is a dual level requisition and can be filled as a Project Leader or a Sr. Project Leader.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, computer science, or related technical discipline from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 8 years of increasingly more responsible engineering experience, 12 or more years of experience to qualify for the Sr. Project Leader role
- Experience in project management
- Ability to coordinate across multiple organizations
- Ability to develop and clearly communicate complex information
- Knowledge of stakeholder management including cost, technical, and schedule reporting of existing work and project proposals for new work
- Expert knowledge of space flight certification processes to ensure performance and safety requirements are met (including knowledge of NPR 7120, EA-WI-023, or equivalent processes)
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Project Manager, Engineer, Computer Science, Laboratory, Aerospace, Technology, Engineering, Science, Aviation
Back to top