FTC Compliance Programs Senior Engineer
Requisition ID: 41642
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California); Washington, DC (District of Columbia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct, full-time support to the US Government Compliance Officer (CO) to assist in the execution of his responsibility to ensure Northrop Grumman (NGC) non-discriminatory practices as a result of the acquisition of Orbital ATK.
- Develop a high level of expertise on the Federal Trade Commission Consent Order authorizing the acquisition and routinely work with senior Government and industry leaders, managers, lawyers, etc., to interpret, communicate, execute and implement the CO's Consent Order responsibilities.
- Function as a Compliance Verification Specialist for the Aerospace NGC Compliance Core Team (CCT). Frequent interaction with MDA, NASA, SMC, and other Government agencies may be required on a case-by-case basis.
- Review and determine level of NGC compliance with Consent Order requirements to provide nondiscriminatory access to missile services information, specifically including information related to Solid Rocket Motors (SRM's).
- Frequent interaction with NGC program offices developing or supporting missile systems is required. Represent CCT at a variety of NGC-related government, contractor and sub-contractor working groups.
- Develop Aerospace in-house augmentation team requirements when additional support to the CCT is needed to accomplish specific tasks. Participate in augmentation teams providing support to the CO. Travel to NGC facilities, to US Government program offices, and missile system facilities is required. Location: El Segundo, CA, Washington D.C.
- Degree in Engineering or related scientific field required (advanced degree preferred).
- At least 12 years of experience in satellite system development, operations and analysis.
- Missile systems experience is required.
- Participation in or direction of missile service procurement activity, or having had responsibility for managing the missile system for such an organization is a plus.
- Experience in missile systems contracting and / or negotiating is a plus.
- Demonstrated program office experience preferred with direct support to high-level Government customer desired.
- Cognizance of the full breadth and depth of Aerospace capabilities is important.
- Candidate must be able to tailor innovative and responsive applications of these capabilities to customer requirements.
- Applicant must perform well both independently and as a team member, effectively coordinate multiple and diverse activities, have superior interpersonal skills, and demonstrate superior oral and written communications abilities.
- Must have a current SBI.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Security Clearance, Engineer, Procurement, Aerospace, Laboratory, Government, Engineering, Operations, Aviation, Science
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top