Fluid Mechanical Analyst
Requisition ID: 40043
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerodynamics and CFD Applications Section within the Fluid Mechanics Department provides design and analysis support for aerodynamic environments of space, launch, and reentry vehicles. The qualified candidate works with both internal and external customers as a technical authority on aerodynamic topics.
- Perform analysis, modeling, planning, and review functions associated with the fluid-mechanical characterization of space, launch, and reentry vehicles
- Provide technical support to Program Offices in technical interchange meetings, design reviews, hardware reviews, and review of contractor analyses
- Interface effectively with diverse engineering organizations, customers, and contractors
- Maintain technical currency and familiarity with industry-wide fluid-mechanical modeling technologies related to space, launch, and reentry vehicles
- Use existing computational fluid dynamics and engineering analysis tools. Develop new modeling and analysis tools, as needed
- Master or Ph.D. degree in aerospace, aeronautical, or mechanical engineering with a strong background in fluid mechanics from a recognized institution
- 0-1 year of industry relevant experience
- Ability to exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working effectively with others and conducting studies independently
- Experience performing and documenting original research
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- An advanced degree (Ph.D.) in aerospace, aeronautical, or mechanical engineering, with a strong background in fluid mechanics, aerodynamics, and thermodynamics
- Experience in ground testing and test instrumentation is a plus
- Current experience using computational fluid dynamics techniques
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Aerospace, Testing, Security Clearance, Laboratory, Engineering, Aviation, Technology, Government, Science
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top