Fiberoptic Communications and LIDAR Systems Scientist / Engineer
Requisition ID: 44611
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Photonics Technology Department at the Aerospace Corporation is seeking a qualified "and highly" motivated scientist or engineer to join our research team in the development of free-space optical/laser communications, fiber laser development for "laser-based" remote sensing systems and integrated photonic devices. Our projects encompass state-of-the-art component and prototype development for demonstrations in the field or in space or insertion in future space systems. Our efforts support a number of DOD applications as well civil and commercial enterprises such as NASA.
- Current projects are centered around the development, characterization, and demonstration of photonic components and concepts for enhancing the performance of optical communications and remote sensing for space and airborne vehicles
- Goals range from proof-of-principle demonstrations to delivery of mission payloads and operational support
- Participating in ongoing laboratory efforts as well as develop new capabilities
- Assiting in field operations as needed and is expected to participate in technical advisory teams for Aerospace customers
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field with a minimum of five years of professional experience or an advanced degree
- Experience with fiberoptic systems, which includes either fiber lasers and amplifiers, optical communications or waveguide technologies
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required
- Skills in optical waveforms, fiberoptics, fiber laser technology, high-speed digital electronics, detection technologies, nonlinear optics, and other photonic related areas.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Scientific, Engineer, Electrical, Scientist, Electronics Engineer, Engineering, Science
Back to top