Requisition ID: 47191
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Directs and manages corporate facilities construction and modification programs in order to ensure a working environment that complies with federal, state, and local municipal codes and regulations in a cost effective manner that meets corporate requirements.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Manages and directs one or more of the following: facilities design, architectural, engineering and construction activities; facilities services and maintenance functions; disaster recovery programs.
- Develops analyses and solutions to complex facilities design, maintenance, construction and space planning assignments.
- Evaluates, plans, directs, and organizes preparation of long term planning for acquisition of corporate facilities; directs strategic planning activities.
- Develops, prepares, and presents annual budgets, various cost analyses, opinions, and alternatives for facilities planning, design and engineering.
- Directs and manages contract employees to maximize performance within available resources.
- Develops reporting procedures and presentations on progress of plans, goals, and objectives.
- Prepares schedules, budgets, resources, and forecasts; analyzes staffing and outsourcing requirements.
- Monitors performance of their organization through relevant metrics and key performance indicators.
- Responsible for hiring, supervising, providing training, scheduling overtime, approving time off, determining objectives, initiating action and completing annual performance reviews. Plans, assigns, and reviews the work of support services staff.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 years minimum experience
- 3 years minimum Management experience
- Experience managing vendors and contract employees
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project and Sharepoint
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customers and corporate staff
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to balance long term strategic goals with tactical plans
- Sets goals and identifies approaches to facilitate strategy implementation
- Ability to coach others to challenge the status quo and explore a wide realm of possibilities
- Identifies and commits to ambitious stretch goals with some degree of risk with a willingness to act decisively
- Understands the drivers of change and actively contributes to its acceptance
- Motivates team to achieve high performance standards while acting as a role model for same
- Holds team accountable and addresses performance issues
- Shows continued resilience and determination when faced with persistent obstacles
- 10 or more years of relevant experience with Bachelor's Degree
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer to complete activities.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment.
- Intermittent travel to gain access to work areas and buildings.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Facilities, Engineer, Developer, Strategic Planning, Aerospace, Operations, Engineering, Technology, Strategy, Aviation
Back to top