Facilities Building Electrical Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 46883
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Facilities Building Electrical Engineer will manage the design process of new and remodel construction and infrastructure renewal projects for The Aerospace Corporation. The Electrical Engineer will develop conceptual design and associated cost estimates, develop scopes of work and manage outside consultants required to complete the project scope within budget and defined schedule. Project designs shall include minor and major building remodels consisting of Electronic Laboratories, Clean Rooms, Computer Rooms, Collaboration and Conference Areas, Offices, and Kitchens and infrastructure renewal projects, including Campus Electrical Loop, Campus and Building Substations and Panel Replacements.
- Establish initial scope, schedule, and budget for major electrical infrastructure renewal and remodel projects.
- Prepare design and engineering Statements of Work (SOW) for obtaining proposals from outside designers and manage design consultants to deliver the project within budget and schedule.
- QA design documents from outside designers for compliance with SOW's, company standards and code compliance.
- Coordinate the plan check approval process with the Local Jurisdiction.
- Work with Facilities Maintenance and the design team to create and maintain company electrical standards.
- Provide technical expertise to support Construction Project Managers during construction of projects, including periodic site visits for verification of compliance with contract documents, codes and standards.
- Coordinate design project scopes with Construction Managers and internal architectural and mechanical engineer team members.
- Develop life cycle cost analysis in major equipment and infrastructure renewal projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Electrical Engineering License
- 10 or more years with managing the design process and infrastructure of HVAC projects
- Proficient ability to use CAD software such AutoCAD
- Ability to research, prepare and give presentations of training materials to large groups of staff
- Proficient knowledge of construction Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) cost estimating
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering a plus
- A Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one. This is issued by the Us government and US Citizenship is required.
- Certificate - IFMA Facilities Management Professional (FMP) preferred
- Basic knowledge of BIM software such as Revit
- Advanced understanding of electrical life-safety codes
- Advanced understanding of construction means, methods and materials
- Advanced understanding of construction engineering best practices
- Advanced ability to use MS Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat/Blue Beam
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : FACILITIES ENGR STAFF IV
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Facilities, Electrical Engineering, Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Operations, Engineering
Back to top