Extravehicular Activity (EVA) Logistics Lead
- Houston, TX
Requisition ID: 52782
All Locations: Houston, TX (Texas)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Serve as the EVA Office Logistics Lead responsible for evaluating all EVA hardware such as tools & crew aids, the extravehicular mobility unit (EMU), and servicing, performance, and checkout equipment (SPCE) against the needs of the various programs (ISS/Gateway/Lunar). EVA Logistics supports both the EVA Hardware and EVA Integration & Operations offices, providing tracking for hardware life, manifesting and on-orbit disposal.
- Serve as prime point of contact for all EVA Logistics needs and EVA Logistics Integrated Product Team Chair
- Manage day to day activities to ensure EVA hardware readiness on the ISS
- Serve as the EVA Office representative to Program level boards/panels
- Lead logistical coordination and planning for delivery of hardware for launch on space vehicles or on-orbit use. This may include coordination between multiple NASA organizations
- Track on-orbit hardware rotation plans
- Support real time ISS mission activities for planned and contingency EVAs
- Report to senior management logistical status, risks, recommendations, and forward plans
- Provide support for the technical boards and panels including but not limited to the EVA Configuration Control Board, EMU Panel, EVA Tools Panel, EVA Analytical Integration Team, Joint EVA Working Group, as well as the board support for the milestones such as CoERs and CoFRs
- Serve as the technical monitor for appropriate contracts
- Periodic travel is expected
- In-depth knowledge of EVA tool and spacesuit technology
- Ability to lead multidiscipline working groups
- Ability to effectively utilize oral and written communication to express technical concepts and recommendations to personnel at all technical and managerial levels
- Ability to work effectively, rationally, and quickly in real-time environments of rapid-change, conflicting requirements, and occasional pressure
- Ability to coordinate and lead logistical teams in a matrixed organization
- Experience performing or leading technical and programmatic tasks for NASA, understanding NASA's expectations and briefing results to NASA
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Logistics, Engineer, Aerospace, Laboratory, Secret Clearance, Operations, Engineering, Aviation, Science, Government
Back to top