Estimation Algorithm Developer
- Colorado Springs, CO
Requisition ID: 50381
All Locations: Colorado Springs, CO (Colorado)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Systems Performance, Estimation and Algorithms Department (SPEAD) performs algorithm development and evaluation as well as concept development, systems engineering and architecture analysis support for national security space customers. The selected candidate will provide analytical support, systems engineering and architecting, and modeling and simulation support for government customers in space domain awareness (SDA), resilience, and missile warning/missile defense (MW/MD). The selected candidate will interact directly with government customers as well as Aerospace program office personnel in the Colorado Springs area and collaborate closely and mostly remotely with Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) and program office personnel in El Segundo, CA, Chantilly, VA, and other locations.
- Provide technical expertise and project leadership in the modeling and analysis of SDA and MW/MD sensors and systems and their broader system-of-systems architectures
- Conduct a range of analysis using a framework of modeling, simulation and analysis capabilities including in-house, custom and commercially available/government provided modeling tools
- Analyze electro-optical (EO), radar and passive radiofrequency sensor concepts, architectures, and algorithms
- Analyze and develop algorithms for multi-target/multi-sensor tasking, scheduling, tracking, state estimation, and data fusion
- Compare performance assessments of architecture variants and conduct trade studies on specific sensor capabilities, locations, and quantities
- Provide independent assessments and lead studies with teams of analysts derived from the most capable government/Federally Funded Research & Development Center/Systems Engineering Technical Assistance/contractor sources
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, mathematics, or another related technical discipline
- Eight (8) years of applicable aerospace engineering experience
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Deep understanding of probability & statistics, estimation theory, and target tracking
- Basic proficiency in orbital mechanics
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages, including Java, Fortran, Python, Matlab, or C++
- Experience in modeling, simulation, analysis, and algorithm development
- Good interpersonal communication and briefing skills along with the ability to work independently and interact effectively with high-level government, Aerospace, and contractor personnel
- Demonstrated technical leadership ability
- Advanced technical degree
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Broad working knowledge of current and planned SDA and MW/MD sensor architectures
- Broad working knowledge of SDA operations, including sensor tasking and scheduling
- Experience in researching, developing and applying advanced and innovative techniques to algorithm development
- Experience working with one or more major government organizations in the mission area (e.g. SMC, SSDP, MDA, AFRL, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of the breadth and depth of ETG's technical capabilities; current customer base with the ability to support from Colorado Springs
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Colorado Springs
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Laboratory, Aerospace, Security Clearance, Technology, Engineering, Science, Aviation, Government
Back to top