Enterprise Data Center Network Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 52745
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Responsible for all phases of implementing complex enterprise data center network architectures including the underlying network security architecture. Secures network and infrastructure systems by designing, testing and implementing Cisco Nexus data center switches and Cisco Firepower firewalls. Establishes requirements, balancing capability with security. Performs trade-off analysis between alternatives. Cognizant of best practices in data center SDN implementations. Plans upgrade and migration paths for a existing data center network infrastructure and associated network security solutions. Establishes and enforces system policies, standards, and procedures. Responsible for configuration, monitoring and continuous improvement of enterprise data center networks. Enjoy access to an in-house DevOps technology lab outfitted with the latest Cisco technology.
- Responsible for maintaing the current data center networks based on Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K, 2K FEX's
- Technical lead for the design, implementation of a new data center SDN fabric utilizing Cisco ACI as the underlying foundation to support new initiatives
- Data Center capacity planning, life-cycle management, software upgrades, evaluate new products and/or features
- Provide technical leadership for data center core networking and network security
- Create and maintain documentation for the network using Netbrain and Microsoft Visio
- Optimize stability, availability, reliability, and performance of data center network and associated network security infrastructure
- Coordinates and communicates ongoing tasks with other teams for infrastructure updates, and customer notifications
- Interfaces with the user community to understand needs and designs and implements solutions to accommodate them
- Collaborates with other infrastructure teams in the architecture governance process. Provides technical guidance to project team areas as appropriate
- Tracks industry trends, conducts research and maintains knowledge of new technologies to provide the organization with optimal solutions
- Work in an all Cisco technology- based network that includes Cisco Nexus Data Center switches, Cisco ACI, Cisco ASR and ISR routers, ASA and Firepower firewalls, WSA Ironport web proxies, DNA Center
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years experience with Cisco technology
- Extensive experience working with Cisco Nexus Data Center Switches
- Extensive experience with Cisco ACI SDN technology
- Extensive experience working with Cisco ISE, AnyConnect and AMP
- Extensive experience with Cisco Catalyst 9400 and 6500 switches
- Experience with Cisco ASA & Firepower firewalls
- Must have a secret clearance or the ability to obtain one. This is issued by the US government and US Citizenship is required.
- TS/SCI with Poly
- 15 or more years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's Degree
- Cisco Certification Desired, CCNP Data Center CCIE
- Extensive experience working with Cisco Data Center Network Manager
- CompTIA Security + (SYO-501)
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to self-initiate activities, and to work within timelines
- Must possess time management and project management skills
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Network, Database, Network Engineer, Security Clearance, Cisco, Technology, Engineering, Government
Back to top