- El Segundo, CA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Aerospace Corporation's Network Systems Department (NSD) is seeking innovative and creative thinkers and problem solvers to join our growing organization. Our department specializes in development of innovative concepts and solutions for future space network architectures. You will have exciting opportunities to get involved in the development of future space network concepts, architectures, prototyping, and technology demonstrations. An ideal candidate should possess relevant development experience with creative thinking and self-starter attitude. This position is for Network Research Specialist and the job functions will include supporting on-going department's new capability development, conducting experiments, development tools/applications, and supporting space network testbed laboratory operations tasks.
- Develops new software/hardware solutions and ideas for supporting space network related projects
- Support development of new visualization capabilities for the Space Networking Analysis Testbed
- Participate in various network systems engineering tasks and projects as well as new capability development efforts and IR&D projects
- Support development of innovative concepts and algorithms in supporting areas of software defined networking, network automation, wireless networks, and secure communication protocols
- Utilize network simulation and emulation testbeds to investigate new technologies and assess system performance
- Support sustainment and development of core network simulation, emulation, and modeling capabilities
- Support space network testbed laboratory operations tasks
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of development experience in relevant industry
- Experience in visualization platform such as Unity or Cesium
- Software development skills in languages such as MATLAB, Python, and C#
- Ability to present results effectively in briefings and technical reports
- Excellent organizational, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to self-initiate activities, and to work within timelines
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Ability to obtain DOD government clearance (US citizenship required to obtain clearance)
- 8 or more years of relevant experience with Associate's Degree in a related discipline, or 10 or more years of relevant experience with High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with using IP routing protocols, including TCP/IP, IPsec, and IPv4/6
- Experience in AI/ML and network automation
- Experience in network and cyber security
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top