End 2 End Senior Project Engineer
- McLean, VA
Requisition ID: 52429
All Locations: McLean, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The National Systems Group is looking for a Senior Systems Acquisition Engineer. In this opportunity you will provide on-site acquisition support to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence for Acquisition, Procurement & Facilities (ODNI/AP&F). In this position you will use systems engineering and technical analysis skills to lead teams providing oversight of Major System Acquisition (MSA) End-to-End (E2E) capabilities and provide National Security Space (NSS) Launch expertise for the Intelligence Community (IC). In addition, you will also analyze acquisition criteria and provide detailed analyses and recommendations to senior government decision makers.
- Provide on-site E2E systems engineering support for the acquisition of payloads, communication systems, vehicle systems, ground acquisitions and system interfaces.
- Provide on-site NSS Launch acquisition support.
- Provide on-site expertise and technical reach back across the IC community.
- Provide expertise to E2E acquisition focused mission teams.
- Provide oversight and analyses of the planning, programming and budgeting of future acquisition programs.
- Identify novel acquisition approaches to increase innovation in program management and oversight.
- Identify, task, and lead the Aerospace engineering matrix.
- Serve as ODNI technical acquisition representative on Analysis of Alternative, Independent Program Assessments, and Technical Program Assessments.
- Serve as the institutional knowledge for MSA activities, processes, and documentation.
- Serve as the institutional knowledge for NSS Launch activities, processes, and documentation.
- Brief and interact with senior government customers.
- Work independently across the National Security community, sharing information responsibly to facilitate program advancement.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution.
- Current and Active TS/SSBI/SCI
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance issued by the U.S. Government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- A strong understanding of National Security collection capabilities for both current and future overhead architectures.
- Strong project management, interpersonal and team building.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to edit technical content for clarity, present clear, concise briefings, and write well-crafted reports and assessments.
- Ability to occasionally travel to other Aerospace and vendor, subcontractor, or contractor facilities.
- Advanced degree in engineering or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution.
- Understanding of and experience working with a matrixed engineering organization.
- Experience with National Security collection capabilities and programs for both current and future overhead architectures.
- Expertise with both current and future NSS launch capabilities, launch complexes and commercial capabilities.
- Program Office experience working directly with contractors and government customers.
- Experience working within the intelligence community and advising senior officials.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Procurement, Engineering, Government, Operations
Back to top