Embedded Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 45009
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Are you interested in working a diversity of projects and collaborating with colleagues across a multiplicity of disciplines? Do you relish exploration at the cutting edge of technology and then translating those ideas to working prototypes? Do you want to build stuff? If so, then join team Platypus at the Aerospace Corporation's Digital Communications Implementation Department.
We value the curious mind. Check out some of the exciting work we do! https://aerospace.org/article/team-wins-army-rco-blind-signal-classification-challenge
We are looking for professionals with significant depth and experience in embedded software development, but with the generalist's inquisitiveness for the breadth of other technical interests. The ideal candidate will also have a background in signal processing and digital communication design.
- Develop for the entire software stack. Most projects require embedded, real-time software expertise and a working knowledge of signal processing topics. Many also require system level, networking, UI, web stack experience. Previous projects in this group have included AI-based communication and positioning subsystems, CubeSat spacecraft payloads, software defined radios and ground terminals, counter-UAV systems.
- Conduct specialized technical studies, participate in internal research and development efforts. Candidate should be eager to explore modern techniques and unconventional methods for algorithm design and problem-solving.
- The candidate must be comfortable with working on multiple concurrent projects. Some projects may be firmly structured; others may be very loosely defined.
- Degree from an accredited university in engineering or another related discipline.
- At least 3 years of hands on experience in embedded systems since obtaining a bachelor's degree.
- Hands-on experience with embedded Linux development.
- Experience with real-time system development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in the area of digital communications, computer science, machine learning (ML) or signal processing.
- Experience with digital hardware design and implementation: Xilinx FPGA toolchain, ASIC workflow, verification methodologies. Be comfortable in the lab: digital and RF test equipment.
- Experience in data science and ML explorations, e.g., local GPU clusters and cloud offerings with Google and Amazon.
- Experience in data science and ML implementations: GPUs, FPGAs, and specialized hardware such as Intel Myriad or Google Tensor Processing Unit (TPU.)
- Experience in signal processing and digital communications.
- Familiarity with GNU Radio.
- Current and active secret and special access clearances.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Embedded, Informatics, Systems Engineer, Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering
Back to top