Embedded Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 40281
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Embedded and Specialized Computing Department is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer interested in building leading edge software products and systems. Members of this group provide design and implementation support to a wide range of customers including internal Aerospace customers, national stakeholders, and global commercial customers.
- We are looking for a software engineer with a blended skillset: digital hardware familiarity, firmware, code on Linux and other platforms, e.g., Android, cloud. Familiarity with UI/UX technologies and web technologies.
- We rapidly move ideas from basic concept to brass board demonstration in relevant environments using a variety of technologies and are always looking for quality minds.
- We value curiosity and the internal drive to learn.
- Previous projects within this group have included CubeSat spacecraft development, autonomous vehicle sensor networks, ground and on-orbit modems leveraging FPGAs, GPU-accelerated signal processing, and sensor fusion among others.
This position can be filled as an Embedded Software Engineer or Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Required for Embedded Software Engineer
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or another related discipline.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in software programming and/or embedded systems
- Proficient in C programming.
- Familiarity with the Linux platform as both user and developer: tools, application development workflow, system programming.
- Familiarity with laboratory tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, and multimeters.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
Required for Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or another related discipline.
- 5 years or more of relevant experience in programming and embedded systems.
- Ability to complete complex tasking with little to no supervision.
- Understanding of real-time, embedded, size and power constrained systems. Linux system bring-up a plus, e.g., U-Boot and Linux customization on Xilinx Zynq FPGA boards.
- FPGA development and HDL (Verilog, VHDL) experience.
- Working knowledge of firmware development (baremetal or RTOS) on Arm Cortex-M/R/A microcontrollers or SoCs.
- Working knowledge of typical hardware interfaces: I2C, SPI, GPIO, UART, etc. Working knowledge of typical subsystems (e.g., eMMC, raw NAND, etc.) and associated system level software integration.
- Working knowledge of typical networking stack and architectural principles: Ethernet, TCP/IP suite, HTTP, web services, e.g., REST.
- General, background familiarity with web technologies: databases, SQL, front-end frameworks, e.g., Angular/React/Ember/Backbone/Bootstrap.
- Familiarity with distributed (edge) computing.
- Working knowledge of ROS is a plus.
- Experience with Agile development (Jira/Confluence/Scrum)
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Embedded, Engineer, Informatics, Developer, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top