Embedded Security Engineer
Requisition ID: 45182
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia); El Segundo, CA (California); Greenbelt, MD (Maryland)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Aerospace Cyber Software and Testing Department are looking for an entry-level Software Engineer to join our growing team of cyber warriors who design, implement and deploy cyber solutions to defend our nation's most valuable assets in space. We support a variety of customers including the Space Missile Center (SMC), National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), and other civil customers (e.g. NASA), and they all face incredible challenges in protecting their ground networks and satellites systems from sophisticated adversaries. We are looking for highly motivated engineers who enjoy solving real-world security problems, love to code and interested in becoming an expert in network/cloud security, data protection, embedded systems security, cryptography or software security.
- Perform experimentation and/or assessment to identify cyber vulnerabilities of existing or emerging systems.
- Work with senior engineers in designing and implementing advanced cybersecurity techniques to ground-based networks and/or satellite systems
- Participate in research and development of projects in the areas of software, hardware and embedded system security.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related disciplines
- 0-1 years of experience in developing firmware/software, real-time systems, low-level security software, cryptography, embedded systems security reverse engineering or malware analysis.
- Proficient with one or more programming languages including but not limited to C, C++, Assembly, Python, Java.
- Experience with RTOS based multi-threaded application and bare metal embedded firmware design and development.
- Familiarity with laboratory tools such as debuggers, oscilloscopes, power supplies and multimeters.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Active security clearance
- Experience or familiarity with Linux kernel and driver development. Customizations to support security for the system.
- Experience or knowledge of Trusted computing technologies like ARM TZ, Intel SGX and AMD SEV.
- Familiarity with Secure Boot, UEFI/BIOS, TPM and other features which help secure HW.
- Experience in cryptographic systems design (i.e., algorithms, key management)
- Experience network design and protocols, penetration testing and defensive cyber operations
- Experience with Agile methodology and team collaboration tools
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Embedded, Informatics, Engineer, Electrical, Technology, Security, Engineering
Back to top