Embedded Linux Software Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 51142
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Embedded and Specialized Computing Department is seeking applicants interested in building leading-edge software products and systems. Members of this group provide design and implementation support to a wide range of customers including internal Aerospace customers, national stakeholders, and global commercial customers.
- We are looking for a software engineer with a blended skillset: digital hardware familiarity and software engineer with a blended skillset: digital hardware familiarity, firmware.
- We rapidly move ideas from basic concept to brass board demonstration in relevant environments using a variety of technologies and are always looking for quality minds.
- We value curiosity and the internal drive to learn.
- Previous projects within this group have included CubeSat spacecraft development, autonomous vehicle sensor networks, spatiotemporal IoT orchestration.
This role can be filled as an Aerospace Senior Member of Technical Staff or an Engineering Specialist
Required for Sr. Member of Technical Staff
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
- At least 4 years or more of working experience in engineering or closely related industry (advanced degree can be used in lieu of years of experience)
- Basic understanding of electronics and digital design.
- Proficiency in C/C++.
- Working knowledge with one or more of Python, Java.
- Deep experience with the Linux operating system: core OS, boot loaders, and device driver architecture.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Current Top Secret clearance with SCI access.
Additional Requirements for Engineering Specialist
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or another related discipline.
- At least 7 or more years of experience in this industry after obtaining a Bachelor's degree (advanced degree can be used in lieu of years of experience).
- Ability to complete complex tasking with little to no supervision.
- High aptitude for leadership and the ability to mentor junior engineers.
- Graduate degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or another related discipline.
- Understanding of real-time, embedded, size and power-constrained systems. Linux system bring-up a plus, e.g., U-Boot and Linux customization on FPGA boards (e.g., Xilinx Zynq, Microsemi SmartFusion2).
- Working knowledge of typical hardware interfaces: I2C, SPI, GPIO, UART, etc.
- Working knowledge of typical subsystems (e.g., eMMC, raw NAND, etc.) and associated system-level software integration.
- Working knowledge of typical networking stack and architectural principles: Ethernet, TCP/IP suite, HTTP, web services, e.g., REST.
- Familiarity with edge computing.
- Familiarity with open-source build utilities and frameworks (e.g., GCC, Make, CMake, Poky)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development processes (Jira/Confluence/Git)
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment (e.g., oscilliscopes, logic analyzers, digital-multimeters, power supplies)
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Developer, Embedded, Informatics, Linux, Electrical, Technology, Engineering
Back to top