Embedded Development Manager
Requisition ID: 45616
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Aerospace's Embedded and Specialized Computing Department is seeking applicants interested in building leading edge software products and systems. Members of this group provide design and implementation support to a wide range of customers including internal Aerospace customers, national stakeholders, and global commercial customers.
- Work with department director and other managers as needed in all aspects of developing and managing the organization.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and lead staff to create cutting edge prototypes in embedded design and edge computing.
- Interface with the program office customers in task scoping, budget and project management.
- Identify new areas of research and lead project teams through the proposal, design and execution phases.
- Ensure the technical quality of deliverables (reports, software, services, etc.) to customers.
- Help manage and maintain the Chantilly Embedded Systems Lab and work with engineers to identify/acquire software and hardware as needed.
- While this is a management position, the selected candidate is expected to get involved on a diverse set of technical projects. It is very important to be hands-on, willing to learn and be comfortable working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- 5 or more years of industry or relevant experience
- Deep experience with the Linux platform: kernel, file-systems, boot loaders, and device driver architecture.
- Proven track record of system architecture design for embedded systems, distributed computing or flight/space software.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in EE/CS or related discipline
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Track record of size, weight, and power constrained design.
- High aptitude for leadership and ability to mentor more junior engineers.
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM development lifecycle and continuous integration (CI).
- Previous management experience.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Embedded, Informatics, Engineer, Developer, Electrical, Technology, Engineering
Back to top