Electro-Optics System Performance Analyst
Requisition ID: 47094
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Integrated Sensor Systems Design and Analysis Department evaluates the performance of ground-based and space-based electro-optical sensors. This evaluation ranges from the laboratory development of prototype sensor concepts, optical and stray light performance analysis of existing and proposed sensors, and the system performance of homogeneous and heterogeneous networked sensor constellations. Our Department addresses remote sensing applications of national urgency: overhead persistent infrared, space situational awareness, and others. Seeking motivated individuals with experience in remote sensing that can bring applicable skills in hardware, software, sensor analysis, image science and/or mathematics.
- System performance analysis of electro-optical imaging and spectroscopic sensors from visible through long-wave infrared.
- Conceptual design, development, integration and test of electro-optical systems.
- Identification and evaluation of emerging technologies and their impact on remote sensing applications.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in optics, physics, electrical engineering or another related discipline.
- 1 - 3 or more years of experience.
- Analytic skills in one or more areas of electro-optical sensor performance, such as radiometry, spectroscopy, stray light, optical design, and testing.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills in one or more areas of visible and infrared electro-optical sensor performance, including radiometry, pan-chromatic, multi-, and hyperspectral image processing and exploitation.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI SSBI security clearance issued by the DoD (US citizenship required).
- Masters or PhD in optics, physics, astronomy or another related discipline from an accredited university.
- Laboratory experience with optical instrumentation and setups.
- Experience with radiometric transfer models such as MODTRAN.
- Strong Python or C++ computer programming skills in an engineering application environment.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Systems Analyst, Engineer, Electrical, Security Clearance, Aerospace, Technology, Engineering, Government, Aviation
Back to top