Electronics Component Engineer - Active Devices
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 50261
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia); El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Parts, Materials, and Processes Department (PMPD) provides engineering support for space and launch system design and production to assure functionality, producibility, quality, availability, and reliability. This includes support in the areas of electrical, electronic, and electromechanical (EEE) parts procurement, qualification, application, and anomaly resolution as well as materials and processes activities as related to electronic piece parts and assemblies. We also assist the Air Force Space and Missile Center Chief Engineer's Office and NRO's Systems Engineering organization on PMP infrastructure including standardization; supplier and manufacturer audits; issuing advisories, alerts, and lessons learned; data sharing forums, and the generation and modification of military specifications and standards related to PMP.
- Plan and conduct work requiring judgement in the in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of active electronic parts for space related applications
- Collaborate with management, customer, contractor, and/or component supplier personnel to resolve issues related to selection, screening, qualification, failure analysis of electronic parts
- Utilize common root cause analysis tools during problem resolution
- Apply appropriate project management planning and implementation tools to accomplish short and long-term projects
This role can be filled as an Aerospace Senior Member of Technical Staff or Engineering Specialist
This position can be supported from the Aerospace Chantilly, VA or El Segundo, CA location
- Bachelor of Science in an appropriate technical discipline such as electrical engineering, physics, or materials science from an accredited university
- Five or more years of related experience with in-depth knowledge of related industry standards (e.g., MIL PRF 19500, MIL PRF 38535) and diversity in other areas
- Five or more years of experience supporting parts, materials and processes (PM&P) program management functions which include -- control boards, design reviews, and manufacturing readiness reviews
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SSBI clearance issued by the US Government. US Citizenship required to obtain TS/SSBI clearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills to concisely provide advice to customers
- Strong PC skills in MS Office applications
- Masters or Ph.D. from a recognized institution in an appropriate technical discipline such as electrical engineering, physics, or materials science
- Knowledge of tools for project management and collaboration such a MS Project, JIRA, SharePoint, etc
- Prior experience supporting PM&P program management for national security space customers such as the NRO or USAF/SMC
- Current and active Top Secret/SSBI clearance
Required for consideration as an Engineering Specialist (In Addition)
- Eight to twelve years of related experience leading and/or organizing the (PM&P) program management functions
- Experience collaborating with contractors, industry working groups and/or associations such as NASA Electronics Parts Assurance Group, Defense Logistics Agency, Joint Electron Device Engineering Council, Automotive Electronics Council, during the evaluation, selection, and adaptation of active electronic parts for space related applications
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBR-TCH STF SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Electrical, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Developer, Engineering, Technology
Back to top