Electromagnetic Environmental Effects Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
You can expect to be challenged with numerous opportunities to support exciting Space Satellite and Launch Vehicle programs. This covers from the unit level of work, all the way up to and including fully integrated systems through the launch and initialization phases. Engineers play a key role in assuring mission success for numerous programs across a multitude of system providers. Our innovators will enjoy the benefits of being able to gain access to corporate resources while being rewarded both through corporate recognition awards and financial incentives for the successful development and delivery of patentable technology in the space and non-space sectors.
- Provide Electromagnetic Environmental Effects technical support to SMC and NRO space programs.
- Perform evaluation of contractor spacecraft and launch vehicle electrical and electronic system and equipment designs, including intentional and unintentional electromagnetic radiated and conducted emissions and susceptibility to internal and external generated electromagnetic environments.
- Perform and review standard EMC analytical and test reports.
- Provide technical evaluation support to program offices for conceptual designs, requirements, proposal evaluation, design evaluation and verification, launch operations, and anomaly root-cause and corrective action.
- Must possess ability to engage in frequent in-depth technical interaction with customer and contractor personnel.
- Ability to develop clear and concise written reports, presentations, and the ability to concisely articulate presentation material to management, peers, program offices, and customers.
- Up to 25% travel required.
This role can be filled as an Aerospace Engineering Specialist or Senior Engineering Specialist
- Degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Electromagnetic Theory, Physics and lab component/circuit characterization techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a current and active Secret level clearance or higher (US citizenship required)
- 8 years of increasingly responsible experience within this field
- The ability to mentor junior employees
- Ability to take the lead on multiple projects
- Theoretical knowledge of ESD, Survivability
Required for consideration as a Sr. Engineering Specialist (In addition)
- 12+ years of increasingly responsible experience within this field
- Track record of mentoring junior employees to successful project completion
- Demonstrated leadership abilities on multiple projects
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Current Secret clearance with SSBI.
- Fundamental knowledge of ESD, Survivability, and TEMPEST design techniques.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top