Electromagnetic Environmental Effects Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 52362
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
You can expect to be challenged with numerous opportunities to support exciting Space Satellite and Launch Vehicle programs. This covers from the unit level of work, all the way up to and including fully integrated systems through the launch and initialization phases. Engineers play a key role in assuring mission success for numerous programs across a multitude of system providers. Our innovators will enjoy the benefits of being able to gain access to corporate resources while being rewarded both through corporate recognition awards and financial incentives for the successful development and delivery of patentable technology in the space and non-space sectors.
This role can be filled as an Aerospace Engineering Specialist or Senior Engineering Specialist
- Provide Electromagnetic Environmental Effects technical support to SMC and NRO space programs.
- Perform evaluation of contractor spacecraft and launch vehicle electrical and electronic system and equipment designs, including intentional and unintentional electromagnetic radiated and conducted emissions and susceptibility to internal and external generated electromagnetic environments.
- Perform and review standard EMC analytical and test reports.
- Provide technical evaluation support to program offices for conceptual designs, requirements, proposal evaluation, design evaluation and verification, launch operations, and anomaly root-cause and corrective action.
- Must possess ability to engage in frequent in-depth technical interaction with customer and contractor personnel.
- Ability to develop clear and concise written reports, presentations, and the ability to concisely articulate presentation material to management, peers, program offices, and customers.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Electromagnetic Theory, Physics and lab component/circuit characterization techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a Secret SCI security clearance (US citizenship required).
- Eight years of increasingly responsible experience within this field.
Required for qualification as a Senior Engineering Specialist (In Addition)
- 12 years of inclreasingly responsible experience within this field.
- Track record of mentoring junior employees to successful project completion.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities on multiple projects.
- Theoretical knowledge of ESD, Survivability, and TEMPEST design techniques.
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Current Secret SCI security Clearance.
- Fundamental knowledge of ESD, Survivability, and TEMPEST design techniques
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Environmental Engineering, Engineer, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering, Laboratory, Engineering, Science
Back to top