Electro - Optical Engineer - MTS
Requisition ID: 43412
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Integrated Sensor Design and Analysis Department supports electro-optical payload development by performing systems engineering analysis in a concurrent engineering environment. Systems are evaluated from an optical, thermal, and structural perspective. We support the optical design, analysis, and testing of sensor systems from short-turnaround prototypes to Class A satellites
- Provide performance analysis of electro-optical sensor systems for assessing proposed designs and developing technical performance requirements, including using optical design codes.
- Generate novel sensor concepts to meet evolving customer requirements, including opto-mechanical designs for implementation and build.
- Develop modeling, simulation, and exploitation algorithms for visible and infrared imaging radiometers and spectral imaging sensors.
- Develop optical testing methods and necessary opto-mechanical setups for electro-optical systems.
- Interact with senior staff and department management to solve challenging technical problems that arise on EO sensor system programs.
- Masters degree completed from accreddited college/unviersity in optics, phyics or electrical engineering.
- Minimum 0-1 years of experience with modeling, simulation, and data analysis of remotely sensed data from visible and infrared optical sensors
- Minimum 0-1 years of experience with opto-mechanical design for optical sensors.
- Good theoretical understanding of optical system engineering including analysis and testing
- Good analytic skills in electro-optical sensor performance including radiometry, stray light, optical design, and testing
- Demonstrated strong analytic problem solving skills in visible and infrared electro-optical sensor performance, including radiometry, pan chromatic, multi-, and hyperspectral image processing and exploitation
- Strong computer programming skills in an engineering application environment such as MATLAB, ENVI/IDL, or Mathematica
- Demonstrated experience with optical design code such as CodeV and/or Zemax, experience with stray light code such as FRED, and other related optical software packages such as LightTools and SolidWorks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work interactively and effectively with Air Force and government customers, and with contractor personnel
- Must have or be able to obtain an SCI SSBI security clearance
- Advanced degree
- Laboratory experience with optical instrumentation and set ups
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Full Scope Polygraph
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Optics Engineering, Electrical, Engineer, Thermal Engineering, Security Clearance, Engineering, Government
Back to top