The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Electronics and Sensors Division (ESD) is a world-class engineering and scientific leader in electronics and remote sensing systems. The Electrical Systems Assurance Department (ESAD) resides within ESD. Our mission is to ensure the successful definition, design, procurement, manufacture, and integration of survivable electrical and opto-electronic systems for national security space programs.
Our staff includes project leadership and systems engineers supporting multiple aspects of a satellite acquisition life cycle including requirements flow down, integration and test, and verification of requirements. Our technical leadership enables ESD to deliver valued products to national space systems and civil customers.
What You'll Be Doing [5-7 bullets recommended]
- Provide technical support to DoD, NRO, civil, and commercial programs in areas of systems engineering and integration of electronics and opto-electronic components, units, subsystems, and systems for the space and launch environments
- Perform evaluation of contractor spacecraft and launch vehicle electrical systems and equipment designs, including requirement flow down, system trade studies, application of electrical systems engineering principles and design processes, and technical coordination among different engineering disciplines.
- Ensure that electrical and electronic systems meet all mission performance and reliability requirements.
- Provide space vehicle test and integration process/product assessments to ensure proper verification and validation of requirements
- Engage in frequent, in-depth interaction with contractor and customer personnel
- Develop clear and concise written reports and presentations to management, peers, program office personnel, and customers
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned as needed
What You Need to be Successful [5-8 bullets recommended]
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in Electrical Engineering or Systems Engineering
- 2 years of experience applying engineering skills and best practices to the resolution of complex problems in electrical systems
- Demonstrated ability to provide independent evaluations and application of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria in making technical positions
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and customer focus skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willing to travel domestically up to 25%
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out [3-5 bullets recommended]
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with space programs with a proven track record of resolving complex problems in electrical systems in the area of requirements flow-down, Integration and Test, pedigree reviews, and verification cross reference matrices.
- Demonstrated high aptitude for leadership and ability to mentor junior engineer(s) while contributing to the efforts of multi-disciplinary teams
- Additional coursework or an advanced degree in electrical engineering or systems engineering
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.