Electrical Power Systems Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 54381
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
You can expect to be challenged with numerous opportunities to support exciting Space Satellite and Launch Vehicle programs. This covers from the unit level of work, all the way up to and including fully integrated systems through the launch and initialization phases. Engineers play a key role in assuring mission success for numerous programs across a multitude of system providers. Our innovators will enjoy the benefits of being able to gain access to corporate resources while being rewarded both through corporate recognition awards and financial incentives for the successful development and delivery of patentable technology in space and non-space sectors.
This role can be filled as an Aerospace Engineering Specialist or Senior Engineering Specialist
- Serve as a technical adviser for unit and system level testing and troubleshooting.
- Perform analysis that supports energy generation and energy storage device/system sizing in support of energy balance and system performance assessments.
- Integration and test up to and including launch and initialization activities, which may require travel.
- System level analysis and technical assessments based upon analysis coupled with industry experience.
- Develop and present clear and concise written reports and briefings to management and peers.
- Degree from an accredited university in electrical engineering or another related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Hands-on technical knowledge and experience in Power Systems Engineering practices and analysis techniques associated with systems sizing, system characterization & evaluation, fault determination, and requirements flow down.
- Capability to generate energy balance analysis/models.
- This position requires up to 25% or more of travel.
- Familiarity with MATLAB or similar analysis tools.
Required for consideration as a Senior Engineering Specialist (In Addition)
- Minimum of 12 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in Power Systems Engineering practices and analysis techniques associated with systems sizing, system characterization & evaluation, fault determination, and requirements flow down.
- Demonstrated experience in generating complex energy balance analysis/models.
- Highly proficient in the use of MATLAB or similar analysis tools.
- Current and active clearance issued by the US Government.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Some circuit analysis or circuit design experience.
- Experience with Spacecraft or Launch Vehicle Power Systems with anomaly troubleshooting knowledge.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineer, Electrical, Security Clearance, Engineering, Government
Back to top