Electrical Power Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 51101
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Systems and Operations Assurance Department is the source of expertise for Operations and Facilities Engineering providing an array of technical capabilities that support our customers in assuring the availability, readiness, and success of ground assets and services required to meet the needs of the space enterprise. We have a current need for motivated electrical power engineers to join our high-performing team in solving some of today's hardest problems and help evolve our capabilities in meeting the technical challenges of tomorrow. The position requires the candidate to possess an electrical engineering degree and preferably some experience related to facilities and/or infrastructure (power generation, transmission, distribution, protection, controls, grounding, and lightning protection systems).
- Provide support in identifying innovative technologies and operational enhancements to improve the design, safety, resiliency/reliability, and cost-efficiency
- Implement analytical techniques to evaluate facility systems and optimize overall electrical systems design
- Employ a rigorous and methodical approach to problem-solving and root cause identification
- Support the delivery of independent, data-driven technical recommendations to management and customers through effective verbal and written communication
- Assist in development/evaluation of design criteria, concept design packages, supporting construction and commissioning/testing operations
- Travel to customer and/or government facilities while representing the company and department in a professional manner
This position is available as Associate Member of Technical Staff (AMTS) or Member of Technical Staff (MTS)
Required for Associate Member of Technical Staff:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related field from an accredited school
- Ability to obtain an Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or analogous computer-aided drafting programs
- Ability to work independently and on teams in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel
- Ability to obtain a security clearance issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
Additional Requirements for Member of Technical Staff (MTS)
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in the design and operation of facility electrical/power systems and controls, preferably in an Architect-Engineer (A&E) firm or utility company
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or analogous computer-aided drafting programs
- Experience with developing project requirements and performing electrical calculations
- Knowledge of current building codes and regulations (e.g., NFPA, IBC, UFCs)
- Knowledge of power distribution systems modeling and analysis tools such as SKM Power*Tools®, eTAP®, EasyPower®
- Master's degree in electrical engineering or related field from an accredited school
- Professional engineer (PE) license
- Experience with high power/utility infrastructure engineering
- Familiar with facility/infrastructure control and supervisory systems (e.g., SCADA, DCS)
- Familiar with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and control systems communications
- Current and active Top Secret Clearance (TS) with SCI access
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MTS-ASSOCIATE
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Construction, Electrical, Drafting, Engineering
Back to top