Electrical Power Engineer
Requisition ID: 41427
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California); Vandenberg AFB, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
We have a current need for a facilities electrical power engineer to provide technical leadership and expertise for the design, development, and operations associated with ground systems electrical facilities and associated equipment, especially in the areas of power generation, transmission, distribution, protection, controls, grounding, lighting, and lightning protection systems.
- Provide the technical expertise in identifying new technologies and operational enhancements to improve design, safety, reliability and cost efficiency.
- Develop and/or implement advanced analytical techniques to evaluate facility systems and optimize overall electrical systems design.
- Coordinate technical assignments, work independently and on teams, and provide advice to management and customers.
- Develop and evaluate design criteria, concepts and design packages, supporting construction and/or commissioning operations; develop test plans, interface control documents and test procedures.
- Investigate equipment failures and diagnose faulty operation; provide recommendations to customer.
- Provide detailed technical reports for customers and program office to assess subsystem performance and modification or upgrade requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related field from an accredited school
- Two (2) or more years of experience in design/operation of facility electrical/power systems and controls, preferably in an Architect-Engineer (A&E) firm and/or industrial engineering company
- Experience in power distribution systems modeling and analysis tools (e.g., SKM Power*Tools® eTAP®)
- Knowledge of current building codes and regulations (e.g., NEC, NFPA, IBC)
- Ability to work independently and on teams in a fast paced environment
- Experience with developing project requirements and performing electrical calculations
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Completion of Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Ability to obtain/maintain SCI clearance
- Professional engineer (PE) license
- Master's degree in electrical engineering or related field
- Experience with high density data center design and operations
- Experience with launch base infrastructure and facilities, and/or similar heavy industrial systems
- Experience with AutoCAD or analogous computer-aided drafting programs
- Project cost estimation experience
- Architect-Engineer industry experience
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Electrical Engineering, Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering
Back to top