Electrical Engineer for Antennas, RF Electronics and Digital Systems - MTS
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 47281
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Digital Electronics and Electromagnetics Department supports a broad range of technical challenges covering the entire transmit and receive chains of remote sensing and communications systems. The department engages in work involving antennas, electromagnetic modeling, RF subsystems, analog to digital and digital to analog conversion, digital processing, and algorithm implementation. The work includes prototype development, subsystem modeling and simulation, system-level analysis and oversight of customer projects. This posting is for a Master's/PhD degree entry-level engineering position with the opportunity to work in the various areas of the department and grow in specific expertise as their career develops.
• Modeling and simulation of antennas, RF and digital systems using MATLAB and commercial antenna/RF tools
• Laboratory prototyping work that includes designing, building, and testing of hardware systems (antennas, RF systems, and digital systems)
• Learn antenna and RF analysis tools such as HFSS and ADS
• Learn digital implementation languages such as VHDL and CUDA along with software-defined radios
• Modeling and simulation work will include a combination of unique design work and simulation to verify contractor designs and approaches.
• Support broader department level work that may involve antenna, RF or digital processing related work and overall system performance.
• Work with other engineers as a team member in solving problems.
• Master's or PhD s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics or a related technical discipline from a recognized institution
• 0-1 year of industry-related experience
• Understanding of basic electrical engineering areas including antennas, electronics, digital electronics, and signal processing
• Experience working in a laboratory environment
• Basic programming skills and familiarity with programming languages and computer systems
• This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Electrical, Engineer, Electronics Engineer, RF Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Engineering
Back to top