Electrical Engineer - Circuit Analyst/Designer
- El Segundo, CA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
You will have an exciting opportunity to be a key contributor to projects involving power supply electronics hardware prototyping, evaluation and troubleshooting. We are designing and developing the next generation of cubesats and you will have the opportunity to be hands-on in the generation of this technology. Do you have a passion for patent ideas? At Aerospace your patent ideas are supported from start to finish. Successful innovators reap great rewards at Aerospace.
- Strong background and capability in analog circuit design and power systems.
- High level of proficiency in circuit analysis, test, and trouble-shooting.
- Generation of worse case circuit analysis (WCCA) products.
- Expertise and knowledge on how to review and evaluate WCCAs.
- Very good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong interpersonal skills (someone that can work with a wide variety of personalities).
- Acts as senior technical authority, consultant, primary investigator, and team leader.
- May lead or organize interfaces between customers' and Aerospace technical and management staff.
- Coordinates large-scale technical efforts across program/project lines.
- Mentors less experienced Members of Technical Staff and serves as a role model.
This role can be filled as an Aerospace Engineering Specialist or Senior Engineering Specialist
- Degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering or another related field
- 8 or more years of increasingly responsible and related engineering experience
- Ability to lead teams in the development of prototypes
- Ability to mentor more junior engineers
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical advice to management
- Ability to lead a team in the development of prototypes
- Ability to analyze and design circuits utilizing circuit analysis tools
- Current and active Secret level clearance or higher issued by the US Government (US Citizenship Required)
Required for consideration as a Sr Engineering Specialist
- 12 or more years of increasingly responsible and related engineering experience
- Demonstrated successful track record in mentoring junior engineers
- Demonstrated experience in leadership of teams in the development of prototypes
- Demonstrated proficiency in theanalysis and design of circuits utilizing circuit analysis tools
- Master's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or another related field from an accredited university
- Current and active Secret clearance with active SSBI
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top