Electrical Engineer - Circuit Analyst/Designer
Requisition ID: 46935
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
You will have an exciting opportunity to be a key contributor to projects involving power supply electronics hardware prototyping, evaluation and troubleshooting. We are designing and developing the next generation of cubesats and you will have the opportunity to be hands-on in the generation of this technology. Do you have a passion for patent ideas? At Aerospace your patent ideas are supported from start to finish. Successful innovators reap great rewards at Aerospace.
- Strong background and capability in analog circuit design and power systems.
- High level of proficiency in circuit analysis, test, and trouble-shooting.
- Generation of worse case circuit analysis (WCCA) products.
- Expertise and knowledge on how to review and evaluate WCCAs.
- Very good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong interpersonal skills (someone that can work with a wide variety of personalities).
- Acts as senior technical authority, consultant, primary investigator, and team leader.
- May lead or organize interfaces between customers' and Aerospace technical and management staff.
- Coordinates large-scale technical efforts across program/project lines.
- Mentors less experienced Members of Technical Staff and serves as a role model.
This role can be filled as an Aerospace Engineering Specialist or Senior Engineering Specialist
- Degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering or another related field.
- Eight or more years of increasingly responsible and related engineering experience.
- Current Secret level clearance or has held Secret level clearance within the last 5 years (US Citizenship Required).
- Ability to mentor more junior engineers.
- Ability to provide technical advice to management.
- Ability to lead a team in the development of prototypes.
Qualifications for consideration as a Senior Engineering Specialist (In Addition)
- Twelve or more years of increasingly responsible and related engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership of teams in the development of prototypes.
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical advice to management.
- Master's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or another related field from an accredited university.
- Current and active Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access with the US Government.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering
Back to top