EIS Principal Director of Software and Services
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 52321
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia); El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The role of the Principal Director, Software and Services is to provide senior leadership for the development and maintenance of custom and off-the-shelf software systems that support enterprise business processes in both unclassified and classified environments. The Principal Director oversees three organizations of about 40 total staff members and contractors at multiple locations. The Application Development Department is responsible for maintenance of custom web applications based on open-source technologies including Java, ReactJS, AngularJS, and PHP. The Enterprise Platforms and Application Development section customizes and develops applications using domain-specific software platforms including ServiceNow, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and Lotus Notes. The Enterprise Application Services department implements and maintains business capabilities using off-the-shelf software systems, particularly Microsoft Office 365. The Principal Director is a member of the IT organization's senior leadership team and reports to the Deputy CIO.
- Collaborate with EIS senior leadership team to set and implement a comprehensive strategy for digitizing enterprise business processes with custom and off-the-shelf software solutions
- Understand and assist in the prioritization of business requirements across a wide variety of customers
- Strengthen the enterprise software architecture and match business needs with the most appropriate platform for implementation
- Collaborate with an existing managed services provider to transition and manage routine and administrative software maintenance work
- Work closely with other corporate leaders and the business office to help oversee a $35 - $40M overhead budget
- Participate in driving an ongoing IT-wide agile transformation to improve work management and enterprise flexibility
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvements in service quality and efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Informatics, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in developing and delivering software-based solutions to business problems with at least 5 years of leadership experience and oversight of both personnel and budgets
- Ability to translate organizational goals and objectives into actionable implementation plans
- Understanding of agile software development methods including Scrum and Kanban
- Understanding of DevOps techniques and technologies for software deployment and delivery
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with peers, customers, and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to make customer-focused business, technical, organizational, and people decisions in a timely, constructive, and empathetic manner.
- Strong people, collaboration, and communications (oral/written) skills including the ability to clearly communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences
- SECRET clearance, or ability to obtain and maintain one
- Advanced Degree in in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Informatics, or related field
- Experience managing multi-team, multi-platform software engineering efforts
- Experience with software engineering in constrained, classified, or high-security environments
- TS/SSBI clearance
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Computer Science, Laboratory, Technology, Engineering, Government, Science
Back to top