EIS Principal Director of Customer Success and IT Management Services
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 52521
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia); El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The role of the Principal Director, Customer Success and IT Management Services is to provide senior leadership, strategic direction and oversight for corporate IT operational support (service desk, end-user device deployments/support, etc.), customer experience and vendor and IT asset management in overall support of the corporation's unclassified and classified IT desktop and infrastructure services. Based in either El Segundo, CA or Chantilly, VA, the Principal Director has 3-4 direct reports and oversees an organization of approximately 25 staff members and 140 contractors at multiple locations. The Principal Director is a member of the IT organization's senior leadership team and reports to the Deputy CIO.
• Collaborate with EIS senior leadership team and an existing managed services partner to provide strategic leadership, oversight, and guidance for executing comprehensive maintenance and operations support across both classified and unclassified environments
• Effectively prepare for and enables the transition of new technology and processes into operations and oversee the identification and transition of commodity IT sustainment work to an existing managed services partner
• Interface with IT customers to understand issues with existing IT service delivery and implement process improvements and solutions
• Work closely with business office to help oversee a $35 - $40M overhead budget
• Work with Aerospace managers, staff, and our managed services partner to oversee:
- The implementation and continuous improvement of core ITIL processes for the organization (e.g., incident management, problem management, change management)
- A high-quality service desk that handles approximately 50,000 calls/year, as well as the customer experience processes that address escalations and exceptional situations
- The deployment and management of more than 10,000 end-user and infrastructure devices (desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and telecommunication devices across both unclassified and classified environments)
- The operation and maintenance of audiovisual and conferencing infrastructure
- The acquisition and lifecycle management of IT hardware and software for the enterprise
- The monitoring of information technology systems to assess operational status and the response processes when that status changes
- The monitoring, measurement, and continuous improvement of existing managed services tasks
• Identify and implement opportunities for improvements in service quality and efficiency
• Participate in assessing vendors and test strategies for new hardware and software
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field
• 10+ years of experience with IT systems, processes and customer service/relationships with at least 5 years leadership experience and oversight of both personnel and budgets
• Ability to translate organizational goals and objectives into actionable implementation plans.
• Knowledge of IT operations and IT service delivery, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), customer service, and customer experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with peers, customers, and leadership
• Demonstrated ability to make business, technical, organizational, and people decisions in a timely, constructive, and empathetic manner.
• Strong people, collaboration, and communications (oral/written) skills including the ability to clearly communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences
• Effectively balance and prioritize strategic and tactical efforts with differing levels of customer demands
• Proven, customer-service-focused ability to deliver sustained high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction
• Team building, mentoring and coaching skills
• Current TS/SSBI clearance, or the ability to obtain and maintain one. This is issued by the US government and US citizenship is required
• Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Business or related field
• Experience with IT operations in constrained, classified, or high-security environments
• Experience working in FFRDC / DoD IT environments.
• Certification in any of these areas: Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), IT Asset Management (ITAM), Vendor Management or Customer Experience
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Security Clearance, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Government
Back to top