DOC OSC Space Policy Lead
Requisition ID: 43482
All Locations: Crystal City, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Office of Space Commerce (OSC) is the principal unit for space commerce policy activities within the Department of Commerce. Its mission is to foster the conditions for the economic growth and technological advancement of the U.S. commercial space industry. The Office focuses on various sectors of the space commerce industry and participates in government-wide discussions of space policy issues in support of the DOC 2018-2022 Strategic Plan to expand commercial space activities. These initiatives include expansion of the OSC, active participation in the National Space Council (NSpC) and support of American companies conducting operations in space.
Under the direction of the Director for the OSC, the individual will lead the Department's policy activities relative to the DOC Strategic Space Plan. This includes regular interaction and participation in the NSpC meetings, planning and initiatives; internal coordination with supporting DOC departments; and inter-agency coordination to support the goals of the Executive Branch Space Policy Directives.
The OSC Space Policy Lead will include the following duties:
- Lead support to space policy initiatives within OSC
- Coordinate with DOC support organizations relative to space commerce
- Support WOG inter-agency space meetings and activities
- Generate space commerce policy documents
- Perform policy and data analysis of commercial space,
- Provide operational space concept of operations expertise as basis for informing policy discussions
- Evaluate policy impacts for U.S. commerce and national security
- Prepare written summaries and reports of space policy for internal & external distribution
- Obtain data and information from a variety of sources
- Direct studies and analyses regarding policy impacts
- Perform other duties as required
- Master's Degree in relevant discipline
- Ten (10) years of related work experience in space operations and national security
- Demonstrated ability to conduct thoughtful and accurate analysis, research and writing in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to produce thorough, accurate results and to meet project milestones and deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding and expertise in existing space operations and our nation's existing presence in space
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative policy research and analytical skills.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills as demonstrated in writing sample and past analytical work.
- Excellent Oral Communications
- Ability to learn new issues quickly.
- Ability to take initiative on assignments and work independently.
- Demonstrated expertise in computer based tools, including spreadsheets, database management, work processing, and presentation software.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain harmonious working relationships with others at all levels of responsibility
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customers, contractors and technical staff, is required
- Demonstrated initiative, independent action, and mature judgment, excellent verbal and written communications skills is required.
- Secret clearance required, current SSBI is highly desired.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT LEADER SR
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Arlington Virginia
Nearest Secondary Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Security Clearance, Laboratory, Database, Aerospace, Engineering, Government, Science, Technology, Aviation
Back to top