Director of Enterprise Application Services
Requisition ID: 44973
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Aerospace is seeking a Director of Enterprise Application Services to lead the operations of off-the-shelf software systems that implement information technology capabilities and digital business processes. The selected candidate will manage a growing group of 6 staff and contractors. Aerospace's IT organization operates a diverse array of off-the-shelf applications, both in the cloud and on-premises across multiple networks, that provide business capabilities to the rest of the business. These include Microsoft Office 365, the Atlassian Stack (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, and other software engineering and work management tools), Hyperion, Concur, Sunflower, and others. This department is responsible for the operation and evolution of these applications.
- Provide oversight and direction to department staff, including goal setting, performance management, and career development and coaching.
- Work with other IT departments to establish and maintain a roadmap for enterprise applications, integrated with development efforts occurring outside the department that are focused on custom applications and capabilities built on rapid application development platforms.
- Establish and maintain standards for the operation and administration of off-the-shelf software systems, including partnering with an established managed services provider already on contract.
- Make strategic and tactical decisions on the evolution of off-the-shelf business applications to implement desired business capabilities, including when and how to upgrade them, how to maintain their reliability and security, and when to use new modules, capabilities, or applications to provide new functionality.
- Implement and mature agile work management processes within the group.
- Manage resources, including labor, capital, and overhead budget
- Communicate effectively with senior management, peers, staff, and customers both inside and outside the corporation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical background in information technology and software systems.
- Experience in delivering mission-critical capabilities using software systems
- Demonstrated leadership experience over a portfolio of successful, technologically complex projects.
- Strong skills in team-building, oral and written communication.
- This role will require the ability to obtain a secret clearance which is issued by the US government and a US citizenship is required.
- Advanced degrees in relevant disciplines a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and the related Microsoft ecosystem
- Experience with other applications in use such as JIRA, Confluence, Hyperion, Concur, or Sunflower.
- Management experience, particularly in information technology operations.
- Fluency in agile methods, e.g., Scrum or Kanban, with direct experience participating in or leading agile teams.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Information Systems, ERP, Computer Science, Developer, Engineering, Technology
Back to top