Director of Compensation
Requisition ID: 40766
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
THE Aerospace Corporation is looking for a Compensation Director to help strengthen and lead our compensation team. Come join the overall People Operations group as we continue to deliver innovative and creative solutions to an amazing workforce. You'll serve as a leader within the Total Rewards team and interact regularly with the People Operations team and the company's leadership. We are looking for a self-directed, creative, organized, detail-oriented, results-driven individual, with a commitment to quality and accuracy. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic comp professional with a true drive for getting things done. This role will be both strategic and hands-on as it will help craft the future vision and direction for the corporation's compensation delivery and philosophy. Our top candidate would be one that thrives in an ever-changing environment, cares about the employees, and wants to see the corporation thrive. This position is based in El Segundo, CA and reports directly to the Leader of Total Rewards.
- Design and manage innovative compensation programs aimed at attracting and retaining talent
- Keep abreast of industry developments as it pertains to employee talent and compensation
- Participate in the design of compensation programs
- Provide mentorship, oversight, and guidance to Compensation team
- Partner with Strategic People partners to address compensation-related needs
- Analyze internal and external market data; prepare and present recommendations to People Operations and leadership
- Keep current on existing, future and potential statutory requirements
- Provide explanation of compensation programs to employees, management and People Operations, as needed
- Participate in the roll-out of compensation initiatives and projects
- Participate in new system implementation including testing and roll-out
- Assist with assessment of current compensation levels and mix relative to the external market and to internal peers
- Serve as a liaison for compensation with other functional areas including Benefits, HRIS, Payroll, Finance, etc.
- Conduct training's for compensation programs
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related discipline.
- At least 12 years of progressive compensation experience
- Experience managing people
- Experience providing clients with creative problem-solving solutions
- Extensive knowledge of, and the ability to explain FLSA exemption criteria
- Experience with California Fair Pay Act compliance
- Experience implementing a job frame work and compensation structure
- Prior successful experience in implementation of a new comp structure and job framework
- Experience within aerospace and defense industry
- Work experience within a represented employee population
- Experience presenting to senior executives
- Must possess strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to translate the results of data analysis into "plain language" written narrative
- Exceptional Excel skills are vital; proficient in PowerPoint
- A strong understanding of the HR business partner role (Strategic People Partner)
- Ability to exhibit excellent oral and written communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to keep confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Experience supporting union negotiations.
- Experience with executive compensation design, implementation, and administration.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : HR DIRECTOR
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: HR, Compensation, Laboratory, Aerospace, Quality Assurance, Human Resources, Science, Aviation, Technology
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top