Digital Signal Processing Engineer
Requisition ID: 41767
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation's Digital Communications Implementation Department uses software define radio and FPGA technology to design digital transceivers. We conduct our own research and development and in this position you can have the opportunity to innovate in algorithm design. Join us on the leading edge of digital communications development.
- Design, simulation, and prototyping of digital communication systems, GNSS receivers and/or alternative navigation techniques.
- Analysis of signal processing performance using MATLAB, Python, or similar simulation environments.
- Research pertaining to advanced signal processing, GPS technology and/or re-configurable communication processing.
- Document work products in briefings and/or technical reports to customers and colleagues.
- Candidate will work on a diverse set of projects. It is very important to be hands on, willing to learn and be comfortable in working in an environment with engineers of diverse backgrounds and expertise.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- 0-1 years of professional experience
- Understanding in an area of digital signal processing, digital communications, GNSS/GPS positioning and navigation, or alternative navigation techniques
- Familiarity with laboratory tools such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers
- Proficiency with one or more of the following: MATLAB, C/C++, Python, VHDL, Verilog
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- Experience with GNURadio Software Defined Radio (SDR) and/or RFNoC
- Experience with digital signal processing using GPUs
- Experience designing and implementing FPGAs with VHDL or Verilog
- Experience using high-level synthesis FPGA tools such as Vivado HDL or Matlab HDL Coder
- Experience simulating communication systems and signal processing algorithms in Matlab/Python
- Interest in developing algorithms in Matlab and implementing in SDRs, DSPs, GPUs, and/or FPGAs
- Experience troubleshooting digital hardware designs in the laboratory environment
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MTS-ASSOCIATE
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering, Aviation
Back to top