Digital Signal Processing Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Aerospace Corporation's Digital Communications Implementation Department uses software-defined radio and FPGA technology to design digital transceivers and prototypes of novel DSP algorithms.We conduct our own research and development and in this position, you can have the opportunity to innovate in algorithm design.
- Designand prototyping of digital communication systems, GNSS receivers and/or alternative navigation techniques in software radio
- Simulation and analysis of signal processing performance using Python
- Research pertaining to novelsignal processing algorithms, RF spectrum classification, and spectrum sharing
- Implementation of software and FPGA hardwarefor various sensors and communication systems deployed onsmall-form-factor satellites (CubeSats)
- Candidate will work on a diverse set of projects. It is very important to be hands-on, willing to learn and be comfortable in working in an environment with engineers of diverse backgrounds and expertise.
- Degree froman accredited university in Electrical Engineering,Computer Science or another related field
- At least 1 year ofprofessional engineering experience
- Proficiency with one or more of the following: C/C++, Python, VHDL/Verilog
- Understanding in an area of digital signal processing, digital communications, GNSS/GPS positioning and navigation, or alternative navigation techniques
- Experience troubleshooting digital hardware designs in the laboratory
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a clearance
- Experience using GNURadio, USRPs, and the RFNoC framework
- Experience implementing FPGAs using Vivado and VHDL/Verilog
- Experience programming GPUs
- Experience with DSP algorithm design and implementation
- Experience with RF lab equipment (spectrum analyzers, network analyzers)
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top