Digital Communications Systems Engineer - MTS
Requisition ID: 44068
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking for an early career Associate Digital Communications System Engineer within the Communications System Engineering Department. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
Provides research, development, and engineering support within communication systems engineering organizations.
• Applies knowledge and experiences in carrying out tasks in Digital Communication Systems under supervision and guidance. Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, project leaders, and/or other MTS professionals in the group.
• Performs analytical studies, conducts software simulations and hardware emulations, develops details of specifications, and prepares details of analytical report findings for all types of communication systems including space-based military and commercial systems and terrestrial wireless radio systems.
• Supports the evaluation of link performance in the presence of noise, fading, and jamming employing advanced channel coding and modulation techniques.
• Participates in the development of program interfaces between hardware equipment; diagnoses both hardware and software simulation tool problems; designs improvements to simulation environments; develops and/or modifies programs for data reduction and analysis.
• Master's degree or PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
• 0-1 year of industry-relevant working experience
• Knowledge of digital communication theory, channel, waveform (modulation and coding), and digital signal processing* (DSP)
• Knowledge of the end-to-end physical layer communication system concept
• The ability to effectively present results in briefings and technical reports
• Strong team participation concept and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to obtain Secret Level clearance (US Citizenship required)
• Experience with design, analysis, modeling, simulation, and performance evaluation in digital communications
• Experience with channel modeling, acquisition, synchronization, AJ/AS techniques, and link budget assessment
• Experience with the end-to-end physical layer simulations
• Experience with the operation of hardware equipment and implementing communication algorithms in hardware
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Systems Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Network, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Technology
Back to top