Digital and RF Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 40701
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation's Digital Electronics and Electromagnetics Department implements antenna, RF electronic and digital processing solutions in support of our government customers. We develop prototype systems involving the use of various antenna types, RF conditioning including filters, mixers, amplifiers and high power amplifiers and digitization for signal processing. Our digital processing includes software defined radios and FPGA technology to implement TX/RX systems. The work includes prototype development, subsystem modeling and simulation, system level analysis and oversight of customer projects. This posting is targeting an engineer interested in working in both the area of RF systems (electronics and antennas) and the digital processing. Work involves both simulation and hardware with a desired strength in at least one of the two areas and a desire to grow in the other.
- This position requires the selected candidate to work in both hardware laboratory work and simulation.
- The selected candidate will work with MATLAB to develop modeling and simulation capabilities for communications and SIGINT applications.
- The selected candidate will support lab work in the area of software defined radios and DSP implementation on hardware platforms such as FPGAs and GPUs.
- The selected candidate will work with RF electronics in both the design / build phase along with testing and verification. This will include component measurements and system level testing.
- The selected candidate will work with RF system analysis and potentially more detailed modeling (HFSS, ADS, GRASP).
- Work on prototype systems that incorporate antennas, RF electronics and digital processing platforms.
- Provide guidance and technical advice in the areas of RF, antennas, digital processing and end to end TX/RX systems to customers.
- Work with other engineers on a small team to solve multi-disciplinary problems.
- Work may involve system level analysis such as signal propagation, RF system performance, requirements development and review. Potential for broad range of problems and need to have the willingness to learn and tackle new problems.
- Interface with program office and government personnel.
- Degree from an accredited university in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics or another related technical discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience (post Bachelor's degree).
- Proficient with MATLAB and/or Python for modeling and simulation purposes.
- Basic understanding of RF/antennas, digital signal processing, FPGAs and software defined radios.
- Laboratory experience in either digital implementation or RF hardware.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in the area of digital communications, DSP implementation or RF/antennas.
- Familiarity with Xilinx FPGAs and VHDL.
- Experience working with LINUX and development on a LINUX platform.
- Familiarity with RF gain budgets and system analysis.
- Ability to recognize and work with C/C++ code.
- Current and active Top Secret clearance with SCI access.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBR-TCH STF SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Electronics Engineer, RF Engineer, Systems Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top