Defensive Cyber Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 47087
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
esign, implement, and deploy cyber solutions to defend our nation's most valuable assets in space. We support a variety of customers including the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), and other civil customers (e.g. NASA) in order to resolve unique challenges in protecting their ground networks and satellite systems from sophisticated adversaries.
- Perform vulnerability assessments of mission systems and provide recommendations on mitigations
- Develop novel tools and techniques to detect abnormal activity on mission systems
- Leverage orchestration and cyber deception tools and technologies to measure effectiveness and impact on mission systems
- Integrate various products and tools to deliver guidance and best practice approaches tailored to customer needs
- Lead teams and projects in the areas of software, hardware, cloud security, orchestration and automation, network security
- Proactively interact with customers by presenting project status, technical findings and technical demonstrations
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- Proficient with one or more programming languages including but not limited to C/C++, Python, Java
- 8 or more years of experience in software development related to applications security, defensive cyber operations, vulnerability analysis, cryptography, network security, embedded systems security, reverse engineering, or malware analysis
- Ability to obtain a security clearance which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Active security clearance
- Experience in the development of commercial security products (firewalls, encryption modules, etc.)
- Experience with SIEM tools, end point protection, scanning and reconnaissance, penetration testing, integration of software products and/or data sources
- Familiar with bash, shell, PowerShell, and basic scripting on Linux and Windows platforms
- Working knowledge with satellite systems
- Experience in cryptographic systems design (i.e., algorithms, key management)
- Experience network design and protocols, penetration testing and defensive cyber operations
- Knowledge of various cyber tools such as Kali Linux and competitive (e.g. capture the flag) cyber experience
- Experience with orchestration and automation tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Phantom, etc.)
- Experience with various cloud offerings and services (AWS, VMWare, Azure, DISA milCloud)
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Defense, Engineer, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering, Embedded, Government, Engineering, Technology
Back to top