Data Warehousing and Analytics Director
Requisition ID: 46860
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking an experienced Data Warehousing and Analytics Director to provide direction to and coordinate the activities of Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) staff and managers. The Director will provide requirements definition and develops information technology systems, applications, and processes to support corporate information service requirements.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Helps develop and implement the warehousing and analytics strategy
- Helps develop and implement a corporate data strategy
- Manages the development and maintenance of SAP BW and future warehousing technologies, Tableau Software, and Alteryx software
- Provides Tableau and Alteryx expertise to customers
- Coordinates operations of the Tableau community of interest and governance team
- Interfaces with key internal customers
- Directs and supervises staff in the performance of their duties.
- Manages budgeting and staff for corporate resources, and oversees contractor and consultant support.
- Provides task planning, schedule, and labor estimates for proposed work assignments. Advises supervisors and other managers of resource needs and capabilities.
- Recommends staffing needs, reassignments, transfers, and terminations. Conducts performance reviews, recommends performance improvements, career development, and promotional actions.
- Plans and manages efforts to evaluate, acquire, implement, and operate information services.
- Provides support to existing systems to satisfy corporate requirements. Works with customers to identify how EIS-provided services can enable the corporation to meet its objectives more effectively and efficiently.
- Ensures proper production systems standards, controls, and procedures are documented and enforced. Implements policies, practices, and operating processes and recommends changes and improvements to supervision. Responsible for compliance with security monitoring, processes, and recommendations.
- Participates in day-to-day technical activities and task accomplishments.
- Coordinates communication about EIS services to the rest of the corporation.
- Provides customer support through schedules, status reports, briefings, presentations, and training. Works closely with customers to coordinate tasking, report progress, resolve technical issues, and assure project success. Initiates and coordinates exchanges of technical information with other workgroups and organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 12 or more years of relevant warehousing and analytics experience with at least 5 years managing people
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret or SCI clearance
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer and corporate IT needs and successfully devise and execute technical plans
- Leadership and Management skills to successfully direct a team to meet assigned responsibilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customers and corporate staff
- Experience working with SAP BW and/or Tableau Software
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Data Warehouse, Database, ERP, Information Systems, SAP, Technology
Back to top