Requisition ID: 43265
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Department is seeking a creative and enthusiastic entry level, early career Data Scientist to join a diverse team of engineers/data scientists/programmers with a passion for machine learning, data analytics, natural language processing, statistical analysis, and computer vision. We are a growing, innovative, collaborative department that makes meaningful contributions to national security space and civil and commercial customers. The ideal candidate is team-oriented, takes initiative, has expertise in one or more of the department's core technical focus areas, is focused on development using cutting-edge technologies and frameworks, and is comfortable juggling a variety of projects spanning internally funded R&D to direct customer support for mission-critical space systems.
- Apply machine learning and/or statistical techniques to time series classification and telemetry anomaly detection problems
- Create, develop, and/or apply existing tools and techniques to conduct data analytics; gather, curate, analyze, and extract meaning from large, complex, diverse data sources
- Develop data infrastructures, prototypes and proof-of-concept software/systems for distributed, mission-critical systems
- Apply engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in software/system development and design
- Evaluate and present project results and recommend best path forward to senior members of the team and customers
- Multi-task in a fast-paced, feature-driven environment with small teams that deliver products to government customers
- Scope requirements, define and execute tasks, and deliver insightful analyses for vaguely defined customer problems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or a related field from a recognized institution
- Proficient in at least one of the following languages: Python, R, Matlab, C++, Java, Julia
- Experience in implementing and applying machine learning, statistics, and data analytics
- Leadership or technical responsibility in one or more software development, computer engineering, or data science projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience working with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience in Natural Language Processing, text analytics, and information extraction
- Experience in Deep Learning
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Experience implementing real-time machine learning and data mining algorithms in large-scale environments
- Experience with big data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Experience in image/signal processing, statistics, data mining and predictive modeling
- Experience in SQL, NoSQL and other database languages
- Experience in collecting data from/exposing data to various data sources and services (API, XML, JSON, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Python libraries such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, and Matplotlib
- Experience with Bayesian methods, tree-based learners, SVM, time series modeling, dimensionality reduction, and clustering algorithms
- Demonstrated data-driven problem solver
- Demonstrated team leadership. Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and ability to quickly pick up new languages/tools/platforms
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Database, Scientific, Developer, Scientist, Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Science
Back to top