The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
- Job Summary
The Electronics and Sensors Division (ESD) is a world-class engineering and scientific leader in electronics and remote sensing systems. The Machine Intelligence and Exploitation Department (MIXD) is an organization within ESD. Our staff includes scientists and engineers actively engaged in developing and applying data science techniques to issues of national importance. MIXD members apply Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) as well as traditional processing and quantitative analysis techniques to facilitate the automated processing, exploitation, and integration of diverse data sources to enhance their timeliness, accuracy, and intelligence value
What You'll Be Doing
- Providing technical expertise to a wide range in the Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civil Communities
- Providing Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning expertise to broad remote sensing and intelligence applications
- Work within a diverse team of Physicists, Chemists, Remote Sensing Scientists, Data Scientists, Engineers, Software Developers, and Intelligence Analysts to
- Provide expertise in data analytics and algorithm development supporting the aggregation, integration, analysis and visualization of diverse data sources.
- Develop AI/ML algorithms for predictive modeling, pattern recognition and anomaly detection.
- Improve upon current methods for the automated processing, integration and exploitation ofdiverse data sets.
- Clearly document and present findings to colleagues and customers
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned as needed
- Which LCM's apply to this position (Strategic, Innovation, Velocity, People, Accountability). How will they be used?
- Develop innovative applications of AI/ML to meet corporate and customer strategic needs and support the timely delivery of high-quality products to the end-user.
What You Need to be Successful
- Advanced degree in a physical science or engineering field with a strong background in datascience and artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML)
- 8 years of experience in data analysis, data science and/or ML/AI
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms, including Deep Learning, for computer vision, pattern recognition, anomaly detection, and the development of predictive models.
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse team ofphysical scientists, data scientists, software engineers, andintelligence analysts.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance issued by the US Government (US Citizenship required).
- How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Advanced degree (MS/PhD) in data science, mathematics, statistics, computer science, a physical science or engineering.
- Background in image science with experience in one or more remote sensing phenomenologies, e.g., Synthetic Aperture Radar, Electro-Optical, Hyperspectral, Thermal Imaging, etc.
- Track record of applying Deep Learning for Computer Vision
- Background in statistics including spatial and temporal analysis
- Current and active Top-Secret level clearance with SCI access
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
$98,294 - $159,916 - $221,537
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.